Volunteer with Balsam Mountain TrustWildlife Lovers Wanted
Are you a wildlife lover that wants to help care for our animal ambassadors or share your enthusiasm for nature with the local community?
Volunteers are an invaluable asset and play a vital role in the success of many nonprofit organizations. Our volunteers are dedicated individuals who provide excellent animal care and share our passion for the natural world with the community.
Any potential volunteer will need references and a current tetanus shot. Volunteers must be aged 16 or older. Interested in joining our team? Contact Education Directors Rose Wall and Jen Knight at email@example.com or 828.631.1061
At the Balsam Mountain Trust, we care for birds of prey, native reptiles, an opossum and more! We love our animal ambassadors, and they are an integral part of our education programs. Providing top quality care and enrichment would not be possible without our dedicated crew of animal care volunteers.
Please note: We require that animal care volunteers are available for a 3 hour shift (between 1 and 5 pm) every week, for at least 6 months.
- Animal diet preparation and feeding
- Observation of the general health and well-being of each animal
- Cleaning animal habitats
- Glove-handling birds of prey once approved
Our volunteer educators will not only learn to handle birds and reptiles, but also present their natural history to both public and private audiences.
Examples of education work:
- Assisting with school programs and public events, which may include animal handling, answering questions, organizing a craft station, etc.
- Assisting with summer camps on Balsam Mountain Preserve property
- Taking photographs, writing articles for newsletter, and assisting with website and Facebook page
Interested in completing internship hours at Balsam Mountain Trust? Call us at 828.631.1061 to discuss availability and projects.